Countdown To 30th Year PJ Half Marathon 2018 + 9 Race Ready Tips
Next to Penang Bridge International Marathon (Established in 1984), PJ Half Marathon is the longest running event in Malaysia, and this year, the Organisers are rightly marking this huge milestone by creating a special 30km category in addition to the 21km, 10km, 3km Fun Run and the Wheelchair categories.
Come Sunday, a total of 4,000 runners will be participating in this epic Running Celebration of Petaling Jaya.
For your reminder, below are the respective flag off times and my essential RACE TIPS for you :-
1) Be at the race venue one hour or more before flag off, and be at starting pen no later than 30 minutes before YOUR flag off time.
2) Since the 30km & 21km will start before dawn, I suggest you wear bright running attire with reflective markings, and even better if you can carry along blinker lights for safety.
3) Carry your handphone and some cash for emergencies.
4) Carry a small water bottle as a backup.
5) For 30km & 21km Runners, you should bring along some energy gel.
6) Follow the instructions of the race officials and marshals at all times.
7) If you feel unwell before the race, consult your doctor.
8) If you feel unwell during the race, walk or stop, and if necessary, wait for a race marshal or volunteer to assist you.
9) Make sure that you park your car at proper parking zones so as not to inconvenience the public – remember, even though this is a running event co-organised by MBPJ, we still need to share the public roads with other road users unless the roads are totally closed off to traffic.
Good luck, be safe and run happy!
Main Event : 30th PJ Half Marathon
Date : 15 July 2018
Race Venue: Amcorp Mall, Petaling Jaya
Organizer : MBPJ, POPS & Puncak Ventures SRA Sdn Bhd
3km Fun Run & Wheel Chair: 0715am
30KM : 4.5HRS
21KM : 4HRS
10KM : 3HRS
3KM Fun Run & Wheel Chair : 1HR
☑️Race-Kit Collection :
Date : 13 & 14 July 2018
Time : 11am – 6pm
Venue : Dewan Sivik PJ
☑️ Running Clinic
🏃🚶💨Featuring Race Walker Suresh & Guest Starring Sharon, Linda & Lee.
Event: Running Clinic for PJ HALF MARATHON 2018
Date/ Time: 30 June 2018/ 7am
Venue: Taman Jaya, PJ
Are You Ready, PJ Runners?
13 ACTION VIDEOS
No party is complete without some killer music beats, so I’ll be wearing my wireless Aftershokz TREKZ AIR music headphones to keep me grooving on a lazy Sunday morning while still being aware of my surroundings …🎵
#30km #pjhalfmarathon2018 #30thyear #running #clinic #tamanjaya #happyrunner
To the best of my knowledge, all of the information provided herein is accurate at the time of publishing and the views expressed are based on my own personal opinions and findings, and they don’t necessarily reflect the views of the Product Manufacturer, Event Organiser or any Third Party unless explicitly specified otherwise.
About The Author
Gus Ghani is the Founder of Running Toons and a HIIT Fitness Coach, and Magazine Columnist. He has contributed numerous insightful articles to The Star newspaper, Running Malaysia Magazine, and Cycling Malaysia Magazine. LIKE Happy Runner for RUNNING UPDATES, Gus Rider for CYCLING NEWS, Gus Ghani for SPORTS INFOTAINMENT and FOLLOW gusghani @IG for LIFESTYLE.
📺 SUBSCRIBE To My YouTube Channel