🌛🛣️🚴 Sponsored Gifts, Cycling Tips & Special Promotions For LEKAS HIGHWAY RIDERS
🎁 SPONSORED GIFTS
Every rider will receive a special bandana along with your race pack, generously sponsored by LEKAS and IJM Corporation Berhad. Wear this versatile bandana on your wrist, neck, head or any way you like!
Thanks to Sponsor, Bike Science, each registered participant will receive a free 600ml Elite Loli Water Bottle. This attractive BPA free, soft squeeze water bottle has a push-pull nozzle, and it fits easily on your bicycle water bottle cage.
🔆CYCLING TIPS – Routine Bike Service
Before every road race, I recommend that you send your bicycle to a bike repair shop for a routine check-up and maintenance service. A bike mechanic only charges RM30 for a standard service which includes checking and fine-tuning the wheels/tyre, the gearing and the brakes, as well as a bike wash.
Some cyclists prefer to service their bike on their own. However, since I have no interest in tinkering with the bike components, I leave it to the professionals to do that for me, and I don’t mind paying a small sum for that expert service.
My mechanical bike skills are restricted to changing a flat tyre and fixing a loose chain if and when they occur during my rides.
Besides, servicing my bike gives me a perfect excuse to visit the bike shop and gawk at the latest cycling gears and exciting new gadgets.
Frankly, the most common mechanical problem that can occur is getting a punctured tyre. Therefore, as a responsible cyclist, you must always carry a spare tube kit during every ride.
You should also make it a habit to always carry a handheld pump in order to inflate the spare tube should you need to change to new ones.
Another very important tip for cyclists is to always check for any sharp objects inside the tyre, BEFORE you fit in the new tube. When I was a rookie rider, I had replaced a punctured tube 3 times IN A ROW with borrowed ones, and each time, the tyre would get flat again. Then, a more experienced rider, asked me to check the inner lining of my tyre, and sure enough, I had discovered a tiny metal pin embedded inside – no bloody wonder! That was such an embarrassing rookie mistake, but it had taught me a valuable lesson – be it the hard way! At the same time, I realised then just how generous and helpful cyclists can be, because this stranger gave me all his spare tubes without expecting me to pay or replace them. It was this humane gesture which made me think, “if all cyclists really looked after each other this well, then, I too want to befriend such amazing guys!” From then onwards, I have had great respect for fellow cyclists, and I am lucky to have enjoyed many sensational rides with the best people in the world who treat others so well, without expecting anything in return, except for your cycling company.
You will notice that every time a cyclist is stranded by the roadside, passing cyclists will always stop to help. There is a strong bond among passionate cyclists, and everyone seems to follow an unwritten and universal code of conduct – leave no rider behind. Meaning that if you see a fellow rider in trouble or distressed, you should always offer to help them, regardless if you know them or not.
This is how real cyclists support each anywhere in the world, and this system of PAYING IT FORWARD works well in the cycling community.
✔️ Keep your bike in good working condition.
✔️ Always carry a spare tube kit and a pump.
✔️ Check tyre inner lining is free from sharp or loose objects BEFORE replacing punctured tube.
✔️ Support each other whenever necessary because cycling is a team sport – even when you’re riding solo!
🎬 VIDEO CLIPS (5)
🚴🏼♂️Upcoming Event | RHB Shimano Lekas Highway Ride️
Date | 18 August 2018
Venue | LEKAS Highway (Kajang Toll)
Distance | 120km, 78km, 17km & 12km
Flag Off | 8pm
Total Riders | 4,000 +/-
Sponsored by RHB, IJM, LEKAS, SHIMANO….and ORGANISED by GoSportz…
The Cycling Jersey & Finisher Medal
⭐Event Preview by Gus Rider
👍 Get up to rm270 REBATE when you spend with RHB Credit Card
👍 Enjoy DISCOUNTS when you purchase from any of the following outlets :-
- Jami Bike Centre Kajang Kampung Sungai Sekamat, 43200 Kajang, Selangor
- JTC BIKE CENTRE Sri Gombak 81, Jalan Prima SG 3, Prima Seri Gombak, 68100 Batu Caves, Selangor
- Joo Ngan Bicycle Specialist Desa Park City Persiaran Residen, Desa Parkcity, 52200 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur
- Sen Aik Trading Setia Alam Jalan Setia Prima Q U13/Q, Setia Alam, 40170 Shah Alam, Selangor
- LigaMas Batang Kali, Rawang Jalan Genting Highland, Seksyen 6, 44300 Batang Kali, Selangor
- K&L Partners Bicycle Shop Serdang No. 3255, Jalan 18/37, Taman Sri Serdang, 43300 Seri Kembangan, Selangor
- Pedalspot Sri Petaling No 165 Jalan Radin Bagus, Bandar Baru Seri Petaling,, Malaysia., 57000 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur
- Pedal Hard Bike shop Petaling Jaya B-G-10, Jalan PJU 1/43, Aman Suria, 47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
- MTB Online Store Seremban (Online Store) 53A, JALAN S2 D35, CITY CENTRE, Seremban 2, 70300 Seremban, Negeri Sembilan
- Two Wheel Only Petaling Jaya W102 West Wing, Metropolitan Square, No. 2, Jalan PJU 8/1, Damansara Perdana, 47820 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
- H2C Ampang 18, Jalan Nirwana 1, Taman Nirwana, 55100 Ampang, Selangor
- The Bike Artisans Jalan Doraisamy KL 58-G-01, Jalan Doraisamy, Chow Kit, 50300 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur
- Treknology 3 Mega Store Kota Damansara No. 15, Lorong Teknologi C, Jalan Teknologi, Taman Teknologi Sains Selangor, 47810 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
- Foresttrek Cycle Centre Kepong Taman Perindustrian Ehsan Jaya, 169, Jalan 16, Kepong, 52100 Kuala Lumpur, Selangor
- StonBike Sdn Bhd Puchong 10, Jalan 7/152, Taman Perindustrian Oug, 58200 Puchong, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur
- KH Cycle Taman Bahagia, Petaling Jaya No. 23, Jalan SS 2/3, Taman Bahagia, 47300 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
- KSH Bicycle TTDI 28, Jalan Tun Mohd Fuad, Taman Tun Dr Ismail, 60000 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur
To the best of my knowledge, all of the information provided herein is accurate at the time of publishing and the views expressed are based on my own personal opinions and findings, and they don’t necessarily reflect the views of the Product Manufacturer, Event Organiser or any Third Party unless explicitly specified otherwise.
About The Author
Gus Ghani is the Founder of Running Toons and a HIIT Fitness Coach, and Magazine Columnist. He has contributed numerous insightful articles to The Star newspaper, Running Malaysia Magazine, and Cycling Malaysia Magazine. LIKE Happy Runner for RUNNING UPDATES, Gus Rider for CYCLING NEWS, Gus Ghani for SPORTS INFOTAINMENT and FOLLOW gusghani @IG for LIFESTYLE.
📺 SUBSCRIBE To My YouTube Channel