Warrior Trail 2016 – New Event !!
The First Of Its Kind
Joining any new running event never fails to give me an extra adrenalin rush because there is the excitement of being the first to do something that no one has actually done before in modern history. It takes a certain degree of courage on the part of any Race Director to introduce new and untested events because it is like sailing through uncharted waters without a life boat. Equally brave are the participants who register for first-time events because they have, essentially, offered themselves to be the guinea pigs in an experiment. In the end, without the pioneering spirit of organisers and participants alike, the running scenario would not have so many different and thrilling new races as it does today. Personally, I go out of my way in search of new kinds of challenges, and recently, I was fortunate enough to be invited to join the inaugural Warrior Trail 2016 which is a 10km race or fun run (95% off-road) with 25 custom-built man-made obstacles and a few natural obstacles set in the beautiful surroundings of Semenyih Ecoventure Resort to be held on 30th January & 31st January 2016. As the Warrior Trail website promises, “You can expect to run along quality, hard packed trails, cross streams and lakes and even negotiate a 500m jungle river section”. In fact, I found their website to be very user-friendly and it gives a detailed description of all the main features of the race, the obstacles, the terrain, the venue location and facilities, etc. Nevertheless, my preparation for any obstacle challenge is quite simple – expect the unexpected! I predict that this kind of off-road obstacle challenges will be a great test of human strength and endurance, and there is still enough room for some wild and wet fun-times too!
Interview With Warrior Trail 2016 Race Organiser
Recently, I caught-up with Warrior Trail 2016 co-organiser, the bubbly Idayu Hamid, and I just had to question her about the upcoming Warrior Trail 2016 debut:-
- What is the objective of this event?
A. The objective of the race is to bring a fun, but genuinely challenging obstacle course to Malaysia. We want the course itself to be an adventure and have chosen interesting and varied locations. We’ve designed the course and created a wave system to drastically reduce queuing on the course.
- Who & Why should people register?
A. Anyone and everyone! Our previous races have featured runners from 12 to 70-year old. Come and try something different. Whilst we have many standard obstacle course elements such as walls and crawls, we’ve got new original obstacles to test your strength and agility.
- What are the Runners Entitlement which are included in the fees.
A. Drifting finishers t, high quality medal, drawstring bag, vouchers.
- How many participants are you targeting?
A. Up to 3000
- Do you have info, contact or special rates at lodgings nearby venue?
A. Yes, see accommodation page on www.warriortrail.my
- Will there be food stalls & shower facilities available after finish line?
A. Yes and yes. Be sure to bring some spare cash, towel and soap.
Warrior Trail 2016 Colouring Contest
Great News! The good guys at Running Toons are organising a Warrior Trail 2016 Colouring Contest where YOU can WIN 2 FREE RUNNING SLOTS for you and your spouse, partner or running mate!!
To ENTER Contest, Simply Follow These Steps Below :-
- Like the Running Toons fb page.
- Colour in the Warrior Trail Colouring Contest photo provided.
- Email your coloured-in photo to email@example.com with the title “Warrior Trail 2016 Colouring Contest,” and please include your Full Name, IC Number and Mobile Number.
- The entry with the most eye-catching coloured photo will be selected as the winner.
- The Contest ends 6th January 2016.
- The Contest Winner will be notified by email on 7th Jan 2016.
- Running Toons reserve the rights to forfeit the winning prize if the Winner and his chosen partner cannot join the race on 30th or 31st Jan 2016 for whatever reasons.
FOR MORE WARRIOR TRAIL 2016 INFO, CLICK HERE.
FOR WT 2016 UPDATES, LIKE WARRIOR TRAIL.
About The Author
Gus is the Chief Entertainment Officer of Running Toons and he is passionate about endurance sports. As a writer, he has contributed numerous insightful articles to The Star newspaper, Running Malaysia magazine, Cycling Malaysia magazine, Cycling Evolution magazine, Swim Bike Run magazine and more. LIKE Happy Runner and follow gusghani @Instagram.