BT6380 Vector Treadmill – Product Review by Happy Runner
When BH Fitness Malaysia contacted me to write a product review on one of its top-selling home-use treadmill – the BT6380 Vector Treadmill – I was flattered to be asked, and the thought of having a treadmill at my home and at my disposal for several weeks was exciting. In fact, this would be the first time that I could use a treadmill at home, and I was curious to see how this scenario would impact my normal training routine and its subsequent effectiveness. Of course, I was also keen to find-out firsthand what makes the BT6380 Vector Treadmill stand out among the many other home-use models….
HAVE TREADMILLS PROGRESSED?
As a regular gym user and a regular runner, I have noticed that the basic function of indoor treadmills have not changed significantly over 3 decades.
However, overtime, there have been some useful features added such as the inbuilt heart rate monitor and training programmes. Moreover, the aesthetic looks of treadmills have improved as society became more affluent and people become more design conscious.
I reckon that treadmills are still the most popular cardiovascular exercise machine for gyms and home users wherever you go. Despite the ever growing number of other different kind of cardio machines – such as stationary bicycles, cross-trainers, stairmaster and rowing machines – that are available today, none of these machines can totally replace the treasured treadmill. Perhaps, it’s because we were borned with running genes which subconsciously, make us want to run; whether we like it or not.
WHO IS BH?
BH, Beistegui Hermanos S.A. company, more commonly known as BH – Europe No 1 brand with 100 years of innovation that offer full range of home use and commercial use fitness equipment. The headquarters of BH group is located in Vitoria-Gasteiz, Spain. Asia HQ is located in Taiwan and BH fitness Malaysia is one of the subsidiary company of BH group.
WHAT MAKES BT 6380 SHINE?
- Auto incline treadmill with Semi Plug & Run hassle-free installation design. Wow! That’s a mouthful of jargon which essentially means that this treadmill is EASY to install. The running deck can be folded up pneumatically without much effort when not in use to SAVE space. The other benefit of having a foldable running deck is that it is EASIER to wheel the treadmill around and into your preferred position when the deck is folded upright. It only takes 90 seconds to lower the running deck, plug in the power, and start running
- Amazingly Fast Start-Up (see VIDEO) !
- Multi-Point Shock Absorption: You can adjust the flexibility of your landing zone by adjusting 4 red stoppers located directly underneath the running belt, along the right and left side. If you want to maximise the spring effect of your landing zone, then position the 4 red stoppers at the four corners underneath the running belt. Contrastingly, if you want more solid landing zone, then you should position the all 4 red underside stoppers as close to your foot strike zone as possible. So, why is this flexibility option very useful? Firstly if your knees, hips or backbone is cercaptive to any running impact, then you want to make the striking zone as flexible as possible in order to act as a shock absorption and minimise the ensuing impact to your sensitive joints. Secondly, if you want to assimilate running on road surfaces, you can inversely make your striking zone as stable and hard as possible. Of course, you can also adjust the running belt flexibility anywhere between the two extremes mentioned above to suit your individual preference.
- SDS Drop System refers to the pneumatic system to lower and raise the running deck. Watch Video Below! This is handy because firstly, it allows you to raise and lower the running deck effortlessly. Secondly, it will minimise the wear and tear caused by the accumulative movement of raising and lowering the running deck. On the other hand, if you have enough space in your house to accommodate the treadmill, then you can just leave the running deck in the horizontal ready-to-run position at all times.
WHAT I LIKE ABOUT THE BT 6380?
- The pneumatic foldable running deck is very PRACTICAL, especially for households with limited workout space, or if you have nosy cats like me.
- The control panel is very USER-FRIENDLY, and it’s so simple to operate, even for a technically-challenged user like myself.
- The display panel is large & bright enough to read EASILY, even for a shortsighted runner like myself.
- Many users will find the inbuilt training programmes HELPFUL, but for a control-freak like myself, I like to control the speed, duration and elevation manually.
- Apart from the emergency stop strap, the REAL-TIME heart rate monitor is the most important safety feature because the user can anytime check that they are not exceeding their recommended maximum heart rate. The other useful function of the real-time heart rate monitor is :- (1)
to keep the user informed of the exact intensity levels of the exercise and their respective exercise zones; (2) to monitor user’s performance levels and their progress; and (3) to monitor the user’s recovery rate and fitness levels.
More Reasons To Like It…
- Another important plus point for BT 6380 is the stability of its structure which gives me a solid running surface without being shaky or wobbly.
- The noise level of the motor is acceptable and it will not disturb people in the next room or my neighbours. WATCH VIDEO & LISTEN TO ITS QUIET MOTOR.
- There is no overheating of the running motor.
- There are several one-touch functions for users to change the speed and elevation quickly without delay. Watch Video Demo!
- The surface of the machine is easy to wipe down after every use.
- As a bonus, the design and look of this treadmill is satisfactory.
VIDEO – Save Time & Save Space
VIDEO – Pneumatic & Foldable Deck
VIDEO – Running Barefoot Uphill
WILL BT 6380 HELP ME TRAIN BETTER?
In terms of convenience, the BT 6380 Vector Treadmill can certainly enhance my training workouts, especially when l want to fit in a quick running session or when it is raining heavily outside.
In terms of motivation, the outcome of your training will depend heavily on the sweat and tears in which you are prepared to invest, and choosing the right kind of exercise machines, tools and accessories can help you, but it should never be used as excuse for not exercising adequately….
VIDEO – Training with BT 6380
VIDEO – Train Anytime
FOR MORE INFORMATION & ONLINE PURCHASE…
To the best of my knowledge, all of the information provided herein is accurate at the time of publishing and the views expressed are based on my own personal opinions and findings, and they don’t necessarily reflect the views of the Product Manufacturer, Event Organiser or any Third Party unless explicitly specified otherwise.
About The Author
Gus Ghani is the Founder of Running Toons and a HIIT Fitness Coach, and Magazine Columnist. He has contributed numerous insightful articles to The Star newspaper, Running Malaysia Magazine, and Cycling Malaysia Magazine. LIKE Happy Runner for RUNNING UPDATES, Gus Rider for CYCLING NEWS, Gus Ghani for SPORTS INFOTAINMENT and FOLLOW gusghani @IG for LIFESTYLE.
📺 SUBSCRIBE To My YouTube Channel