On The Ball by Coach Gus – Part 1
What’s Great About It
SWISS BALL or Gym Ball is my favourite exercise apparatus because it is so versatile. Here are some reasons why :-
1. You can literally do 1,001 different exercises with it!
2. You can tone muscles with the gym ball.
3. You can use it to perform static & dynamic stretches.
4. You can burn fat & improve cardiovascular fitness.
5. You can even work those hard-to-reach small stabilising muscles.
6. It suits all fitness levels from the Beginner to Professional Athletes.
7. You can perform Gym Ball exercises alone, with your mate or in a group.
8. The Swiss Ball is lightweight & portable, so you can bring and use it practically ANYWHERE – at the office, gym studio or at home.
9. It is affordable and fun.
JOIN ME for some cool Ball Workout online by following my blog here. If you have any queries about the Swiss Ball, email gusghani@gmail, and I will try my best to find the answers. If you want to share your best gym ball workouts or photos, drop me an email too.
The Clock Crunch
Which Muscles? This simple routine will effectively work your Core Muscles (Abdomen, Back & Glutes) which will boost your sports performance.
How To? Just follow these simple steps:-
i/ Sit upright in the centre of the ball (see photo 1).
ii/ Keep your knees at right angle & plant your feet firmly to the ground.
iii/ Stretch both arms fully above head with palms press lightly together.
iv/ Lean back slightly until you feel your abs tightened.
v/ Move your arms and upper body in one piece around in clockwise motion like the hands on a clock (see photo 2).
vi/ Exhale evenly as you go one round & back to the start position.
vii/ As you bring your hands and upper body around and forward, engage fully your core muscles for stability. Half way, your hands should be pointing down in front, as you lean forward from the waist.
viii/ Keep your movements continuous and smooth throughout. Always engage your abs from start to finish.
ix/ Complete 5-10 repetitions per set, and aim for 3 sets.
x/ It may take you a couple of tries to find your balance and to master the technique.
xi/ The Clock Crunch will fire-up both your core and stabilising muscles in no time.
Remember, Later Means Never!
Until the next time, work hard and play harder 🙂
About The Author
Gus is the Founder of Running Toons and he is passionate about endurance sports. As a writer, he has contributed numerous insightful articles to The Star newspaper, Running Malaysia magazine, Cycling Malaysia magazine, Cycling Evolution magazine, Swim Bike Run magazine and more. LIKE Happy Runner and follow gusghani @Instagram